Indulge in the simplicity and flavor with our quick & flavorful tomato soup paired with crispy cheese sandwich chunks. A perfect blend of homely comfort and gourmet delight, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your culinary repertoire!
Tomato soup with crispy cheese sandwich
What we will need:
For the Soup:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 8 pcs larger tomatoes
- 1/2 litre water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or a handful of fresh)
- salt, ground black pepper, dried garlic to taste
For the Cheese Sandwich:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- 50 g cheddar (or other hard cheese)
How we will proceed:
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the bay leaves. Fry briefly, then add the diced tomatoes (with skin). If you don’t like the skins, peel the tomatoes easily by dipping them in boiling water for a few minutes and slicing them crosswise on the surface. Then simply pull off the skin with your fingers or a small knife.
2. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until they release their juices. Then add water, cover the pot, and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove the bay leaves from the soup and blend the cooked tomatoes with an immersion blender. Add the sugar, vinegar, and oregano and cook everything together for about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. Set the soup aside while you prepare the sandwiches.
5. Heat two tablespoons of butter in a pan. Once the butter has melted, reduce the heat to medium and place two slices of bread in the pan. Add the cheese slices to cover the entire surface of the bread and top them with the remaining bread slices.
6. Toast for about 3 minutes, add the remaining butter, flip the sandwich, and toast the other side for the same amount of time.
7. Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with the cheese sandwich cut into small cubes.
Share this recipe for tomato soup with crispy cheese sandwich with your friends too