If you’re looking for the perfect dessert for your weekend coffee, then your search may be over. Because today we’re going to make a fantastic creamy-macao dessert with chocolate.
Poppy seed desserts are mainly known in Europe, many foreigners have not come across them elsewhere and have no idea that this great ingredient can be used during baking. And yet it is such a delicacy. Moreover, the preparation of this poppy seed yummy is very simple and time-saving. It can be prepared by almost any beginner cook.
Are you salivating yet? Let’s prepare this fantastic poppy seed dessert with yolk cream and chocolate together!
A delicious recipe for a creamy-macao dessert:
What we will need:
- 8 egg whites
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g ground poppy seeds
- grated coconut to taste
- 6 tablespoons semi-coarse flour
- 8 egg yolks
- 200 g sugar
- 3 dl milk
- 1 tbsp starch
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 50 g butter
- half a cup of coffee
- 150 g crushed biscuits
- 180 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
How we will proceed:
1) Start by beating the egg whites with the sugar until stiff. Then add the flour, poppy seeds and coconut. Mix thoroughly and make a nice smooth batter.
2) Now prepare a baking tray, which you will line with baking paper. Spread the batter evenly on the baking sheet. Bake at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.
3) Continue with the cream. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. In another bowl, dissolve the starch in the milk and add to the egg yolk mixture. Start heating this mixture over a low heat. After a while, add the custard powder. Keep stirring until the cream thickens and then set aside. Add the butter to the warm cream and stir it in thoroughly.
4) Once the pastry is baked and cooled, brush it with our cream. Spread the uncrushed biscuits that we have soaked in coffee on top of the cream.
5) Melt the chocolate and butter in a steam bath. Finally, spread this chocolate glaze on top of our dessert and smooth evenly. Leave to cool.