Chocolate is the fragrant and truly variable alpha and omega of sweet cuisine. Whether you’re making custard, pudding, mousse, ice cream or pralines, chocolate is usually the first ingredient that comes to mind when flavouring. We decided to pay homage to this ingredient in the form of these fragrant chocolate truffles with mint!
Chocolate truffles with mint
What we will need:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 ml whipping cream (33 %)
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 20 g butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cocoa for coating
How we will proceed:
- Break the chocolate into a glass bowl and add the salt.
- Cut the mint into larger pieces and place it in a smaller pot. Add the whipping cream and butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted – the cream must not boil. Then set aside, strain and pour into the bowl with the chocolate. Let the chocolate melt for a few minutes.
- Then stir the chocolate mixture gently with a whisk until it forms a smooth cream. Leave to cool.
- Cover the cooled chocolate cream with cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, use a spoon to quickly shape the chocolate into balls and roll them in the cocoa. Done!
If you’re intrigued by this recipe for chocolate truffles with mint, please share it with your friends! We also recommend you try these delicious homemade yeasted buns like grandma made them.