Welcome to a world of delightful indulgence! Today, we’re unveiling the secret to creating fantastic homemade wreaths, each crowned with a sumptuous yolk cream that’s as luxurious as it is delicious. These wreaths are not just a feast for the eyes but a true gourmet experience for your taste buds. Join us as we delve into the art of making these exquisite treats, perfect for any occasion that calls for a touch of elegance and a burst of rich, creamy flavor. Let’s embark on this culinary adventure together!
Homemade wreaths with cream:
What we will need:
- 250 ml water
- pinch of salt
- 100 g butter
- 200 g plain flour
- 6 small eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 g semolina sugar
- 2 sachets of vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 g butter
This quantity will give us about 35-40 wreaths.
How we will proceed:
1) Start by pouring some milk into a mug. Stir in the custard powder and whisk in the egg yolks. Bring the rest of the milk to boil over a low heat. Pour some milk into the mug with the custard and egg yolks. Stir thoroughly. Then pour it back into the pot and let it boil for a while, stirring constantly. Once thickened, set aside and stir in the sugar and butter. Cover with cling film. Place this directly on top of the pudding, at least it will not cause the water to curdle. Chill in the fridge (ideally overnight).
2) Put the water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the salt butter. Bring to a boil again. Add the sifted flour and reduce the heat. Keep stirring until the dough is smooth and not sticky. Stir for 2-3 minutes until a white coating starts to form on the bottom.
3) Transfer the dough to a bowl and slowly stir it. Gradually stir the eggs into the lukewarm mixture, one at a time. Incorporate each egg well.
4) Transfer the dough to a piping bag and start shaping the individual wreaths on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
5) Bake at 200 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes. Do not open the oven at the beginning of baking! If you have chosen a larger size of wreaths, after 20 minutes reduce the temperature to 160 degrees and let it finish baking for 10 minutes.
6) After baking and cooling, just fold the wreaths as we know them.